Friday, March 18, 2011

BBMing and Whatsapping

Technology is brilliant and fascinating, it's growing at such a rapid rate that I can barely keep track and I'm 27. I still remember getting my first cell phone at school... it was one of those brick Nokias that weighed about 3kgs and you had to pull the arial out. Before that I had a 'beeper' remember those? Now my stepsister tells me everyone plugs their iPhones and Blackberries into charge during class.

So I love the whole BBming and Whatsapp vibe. But I want to know what guys think about it as I am equally tormented yet thrilled at the whole tick with the 'R' for read delivery notes. So I have spent some agonizing hours thinking ok:

'The only reason he is writing back is because he knows that I know he has read the message and he feels he has no choice'.

Or worse, when you can see they have read your message but don't write back.

I actually did this the other day and felt a smug satisfaction at him having seen that I had read the message but not replied. I did this deliberately and he obviously took the hint as not another word has been exchanged since. The twat.

But I think at the end of the day, if a guy likes you, he can do more than BBM/Whatsapp and rather pick up the phone and say 'hi, how would you like to go out?'

If that is too much to ask, he could just send me a hot naked pic of himself -that would suffice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if its better or worse when guys totally opt out of all the digital portals we have at our disposal these days (facebook included) making it completely impossible to contact or glean any additional random info on them. it's definitely safer.but safe can be dull.

    ReplyDelete