Monday, March 7, 2011

Too posh to push?

This is what the Brits call having a 'Caesar' which I wholeheartedly agree with.

I like the Brits. I like the fact that they 'try to be classless' but are the most class/society driven nation that I have encountered. I mean, just look at Tatler magazine... It shows you the 'who's who' of British society and advises on what Lords are single and have castles in Scottish hills.

I also love the society pages at the back, especially where they show for example :' Viscountess of ra ra land who had her 18th Birthday party at the Royal Albert Hall where Cirque Du Soleil created a special ensemble especially for her, was wearing Balenciaga couture and Van Cleef and Arpels emeralds.' Those poor, poor poshos. They must live SUCH a tough life!

In my 5 years in London, I frantically searched for a quiet, conservative Lord/Baron/Fortune 500 heir, and I wasn't fussy, I didn't mind the gingers, the freckles, the white potbellies or the slightly squint left eye, unfortunately none of them liked said South African lady for that much time, they preferred to gallop with their own breed: Pale, posh, buck toothed British girls with similar titles who can shoot clay pigeons and reside at the family estate close to Balmoral.

I mean, I think the closest I ever got to a title was bumping uglies with Tony Blair's godson.

Pity I can't even remember his name so I could Facestalk him.

But on the note of Poshos, I had to laugh at my old friend from primary school's email to me about her view on this guy she WAS dating:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went out with XXX on Friday but I think i am going to end it with him ebcause although we have fun- we are just way too different.
1) He dislikes posh people- whereas I strive to be a posh person
2) He does not like Fulham / Parsons Green as he thinks it is too snobby- well I believe location location location.
3) He does not believe in Private schooling- whatever!

I just think that we want completely different things out of life- so no point in pushing it.

Love XXX
(Posh and proud to be posh)

GOT to love her for her frankness!

No comments:

Post a Comment