Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Barbara saga continued and my new hair

Ok this story just gets worse and worse. I told everyone in my office that my trainer told me I looked like Barbara Streisand. Firstly they asked if the trainer was gay...apparently gay men LOVE Old Barbs and then they tried to console me by saying that 'you look like Barbara in her youth'. To which I googled 'A Young Barbara Streisand'. This is what came up. WTF.


Anyway so I decided to have a drastic haircut with Bangs (aka fringe) and try to look like the absolute gorgeous Rose Byrne from that fantastic, nail gripping legal drama 'Damages'. This is Rose Byrne:




So I had it done and some people were very complimentary.

Others weren't as kind.

- My mother asked if the hairdresser had a hangover when she cut my hair
- My gay uncle told me I looked like...Barbie
- I got told I look like a JAP (Jewish American Princess - I get this a lot and take it as a compliment, I want to marry a Jewish guy and don't mind Mighaing, I mean, if they look after their wives as well as they look after their mothers, I am sorted).
- I also took a self portrait of myself and whatsapped it to mates in London, one didn't believe it was me, she thought I took a snap of some quasi chinese Victoria Beckham

Needless to say I love it, I mean who doesn't love a BANG?

1 comment:

  1. You can't leave us hanging like that!!! Send us a pic of the new shaBANG!!!

    ReplyDelete