Monday, February 7, 2011

Dentistry

I went to the dentist this morning, not really phased as I have always been told that I have lovely teeth. This is probably as a result of years of my father harassing me about brushing and flossing. I remember when I first go braces too. I actually loved it. It was like, the cool thing to have in Std 5. I especially loved the elastics which I used to shoot at boys during class.

I am slightly distrustful of dentists' assistants. Seriously what do they do apart from hover over the dentist and look petrified? One horrible assistant once left that suction tube under my tongue on the thingie that attaches your tongue to the bottom of your mouth and then tried to pull it out while it was still sucking. I was kicking my legs and squealing and eventually she got the message. The witch. Also another really annoying habit of oral hygienists is when they insist on talking to you and asking questions while they have the polisher in your mouth. It's like what are you supposed to say, mmmomomm nneee mmm?

I then got the lecture about flossing more and also had her take out the fake teeth and using a toothbrush, demonstrate how to brush my teeth properly. Yuck, those dry bristles give me the heebie jeebies.

I always wonder who wants to be an oral hygienist, and for that matter a gynae, I mean seriously who wants to look at human cavities all day?

No comments:

Post a Comment